Posters are snippets that talk aloud on a particular topic, matter, event or just simply to keep the presence known. Its a gesture of continuous connectivity in simple yet attractive form with very little content. Poster designing is an integral part of business branding, and products or service advertisements, and identity building.
A poster is a sheet of paper with images, drawings or writings that propagate an idea that wants to be conveyed to a crowd. Posters now represent themselves widely through the digital marketing scenario as well. Posters are used to communicate needs in different fields. There are numerous styles and designs for posters which are chosen according to the need for which the poster is made.
The different types of posters are:
- Advertising posters
- Movie posters
- Social posters
- Event posters
- Typography posters
- Graphic posters
- Blacklight posters etc.
Posters should be short and crisp. It should fall under the immediate attention plan of the viewer and the meaning or content which is tried to be conveyed through the poster should be easily decipherable.
services inThere are certain elements that need to be present in the poster to make it a successful one:
- The type in the poster should be large enough to capture the quick sight of the viewer or reader.
- It should have a clear and easy layout where there is no ambiguity in the available information on the poster
- The dominant elements on the poster have to be sized and placed in such a way that it catches the eye of the viewer instantaneously.
- Have art or pictorial representations that reflect the information conveyed.
- The imagery should be arranged in a functional sequence.
- The colours should be chosen according to the matter that is being promoted.
The key features that have to be considered in the making of a poster are as follows:
- Title: The title should be descriptive but shouldn’t exceed two text lines. The font should be 48 point or larger and in bold.
- Text: Posters employ around 800 words but not more than 1000 words. The text should be labelled and organised into different headings.
- Graphics: The graphics should be in context with the content of the poster. The resolution of the images should be 300dpi or higher.
- White space: It helps in defining the borders of the poster and gives it the needed breathing space. Thirty per cent of the poster should be white space.
- Layout: The layout can either be a free template available online. Hiring a professional poster designer will help you customise the design which will align with your business objectives.
- Flow: The coordination of the eye movement of the viewer has to be predicted and accordingly the information has to be placed on the poster. It will remove confusion or ambiguity that might arise if the information isn’t placed correctly.
- Colour: Colour is indeed a prominent element in designing a poster. But it is indeed to be kept in mind that overdoing the colour factor will do worse than good. Figure out a balance and assign colours according to the tone of the matter in the poster.
Profito Global has the best and most prominent poster designing services which are assured to bring viable and possible leads for your business. Profito Global understand and analyses the requirement of the business and customise posters accordingly. Graphics concerning the poster design is made keeping in mind the needs of the client and that aligns with their business idea.
What are the effective programs which are used to make posters?
Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word can be used for poster designing purposes. Other relevant applications are InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
What are the qualities of a good poster?
- Text Positioning
- Relation between the graphics and content
- Format or Layout
- Originality of design
- Colour selection
What are the different types of posters?
- Infomercial posters
- Show posters
- Formative posters
- Corporate Posters
- Campaign Posters
- Political Posters etc.
Is Poster designing worth the money?
Poster designing services will help you design posters that stick and aligns with your business ideas and are customisable according to the products or services you sell. Such posters will have better validity than the ones which are created with the free templates.